Saturday, September 10, 2011

Family

  This year and summer have just flown by. Sometimes I feel that I hardly have any time to think.  Jake has recently started driving with Fed-ex so hopefully all goes as well as we are told.  He should be able to have more time off and at home.  I am waiting for my salon room to be finished so that I can start helping out with income.  I should hopefully get finished pretty fast, I have had my chair and sink for a while now, and it will be a lot better than doing hair in my kitchen. 
  I always seem to feel sorry for myself because we aren't the "normal" family with the same schedules as everyone else. But I have started to realize that everyone's family is different.  I should feel very blessed and lucky that he gets to come home, even if it's just a short time, because a lot of families have fathers who are deployed and may not even get to come home.  I guess this is where the song "Count your blessings," comes into play. 
 Our little Reese is such a busy little girl.  She goes everywhere and doesn't seem to be afraid of anything! She is so smart and such a fast learner. It is fun to see the different levels of learning she is at, and how she learns what she does.  It also amazes me that I am responsible to teach her the most important things she needs to know.  I only hope that I don't fail her and that I can show her love, patience, and compassion that every little girl needs so that she can turn out to be the best little Reese she can.  I know I am not perfect and I am still learning as well, but I hope my short comings won't affect her too much unless she is learning what not to do.  
"Try a little harder to be a little better." Gordon B. Hinkley

No comments: